WELCOME TO GIS Duckling K1/K2
Since 1986, GiS (Gregg International School) Duckling (K1/K2) class has provided an atmosphere where one to two-year-old children are excited about learning and are actively involved in the learning process. K1/K2 is the beginning of a child’s formal education, so GiS’s goal is to provide a solid foundation by helping children to develop the skills, abilities, knowledge and values necessary to succeed.
The GiS Duckling (K1/K2) class provides a unique environment, rich in learning experiences, where children are encouraged to explore and interact with materials as well as their classmates.
YOUR CHILDREN'S FUTURE STARTS NOW!
The first stage of duckling class is to familiarize your child to their first society. Your child will learn how to interact and socialize with others, big and small (teachers and peers). They begin to learn about sharing and how to be respectful of each other.
We introduce a little structure in their lives, things like schedules and easy rules, following requests from teachers for example. They learn to do simple do’s and don’ts. The objective of the early stage of Duckling class is to open your child’s mind to the social side of school and to prepare them for study and learning.
In the second stage of Duckling Class your child is introduced to the fun side of the academic world. Their daily schedule will include mathematics, reading & listening, writing, science and interactive learning.
- Mathematics: A positive approach to numbers begins here, interactive tasks include counting fingers and shapes, singing songs that relate to numbers and identifying number names.
- Reading: Students enjoy story time and their favourite stories are repeated to emphasize key words and phrases.
- Phonics: Early understanding of sounds is important for the next stage of reading, and writing. Phonics are taught daily.
- Science: Students use their senses of sight, sound, touch, taste and smell to observe and experiment with interesting materials such as water, rice and plant life. This helps them to understand the differences and similarities of the things around them.
Cultivating a rich and stimulating play based environment.
Learn to appreciate a world full of challenges.
Participation in simple experiments and activities.
Music and Phonics are essential to your child development.
TAKE THE FIRST STEP
Steps done with heart, soul, mind & strength
PLEASE CONTACT US FOR MORE INFORMATION
GiS Lunch Box
DUCKLING COURSE SCHEDULE
- 8:45-9:00 : Arrival
- 9:00-9:45 : Outside Time
- 10:00-10:30 : Snack Time
- 10:30-11:00 : Circle Time
- 11:00-11:30 : Phonics
- 11:30-12:15 : Learning Center 1*
- 12:30-13:15 : Lunch Time
- 13:15-13:45 : Music & Movements
- 13:45-14:00 : Learning Center 2**
- 14:15-14:30 : Outside Time
- 14:30 : Good Bye
* : Music, Arts, Story Time
** : Math, Science, Story Time